Skip to main content

Safe Haven!

             There could be nothing more refreshing than going a trip down memory lane of our own past, especially when it is of equal mixture of everything life throws at us.

            Just happened to stroll around my alma mater “Easwari Engineering College” and realised how much life has changed over the years but still the ambiene of the college remains same and how the college still manages to teach me every aspect of life.

              I have never done anything to my college or my department, once I have finished my course but still shamelessly asked my HOD to help me out for my PG admission in our parent University.Eventhough she initially made a grumpy face on how we used to ignore the department, she was never hesitant to help me clear my admission processes. I was quite astonished to see her bragging about me to all the new faculty members of the department. Never in my college life, I've seen her being over joyful about her students, but that day she proved me wrong.

            Eventhough most of the faculty members have been replaced by a fresh team, it felt super good to be remembered by the office attendants who still remained the same and enquired about me and told me stories on how the department has evolved through time.

               After repeated reminders from my HOD, I was quite curious to visit the Canoe built by my juniors for a Canoe Competion by the IIT. There was a 8 foot long Canoe made of light weight aggregate which sustained more than 200 kg of load. The boy over there was quick to recognise me and we shared how much fun it was being an Easwarian. It was surprising that the Canoe belongs to a passed out batch who were still putting every possible effort to grab the title in the upcoming event.They were so selfless that they have built their own testing pool and donated it to the department.If there is something that the students lacked, it is jealousy.There was a bunch of other class and other dept. Students helping the Canoe team and planning to call students the next day for work, the next day being a sunday. One could never expect such a scenario outside college. It is those fresh innocent minds that build our society.

             The students told me that Neelamegam Sir was inside the lab only. I went there excited to meet him after a long time.It was a sight to behold, watching that 60 year young man working in the lab all by himself in the deserted laboratory. When asked why he was there alone, he said that the students have their model exams so he was working on their projects on their behalf. His professionalism could never be matched. I wish I could be more like him to show utmost sincerity, respect & passion towards whatever I do in life.
             
              One visit to the college after a long time was enough to look at life more positively and approach it with open arms. The college is and always will be a Safe Haven for millions of students like me regardless of their situations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exciting mystery that is Lepakshi

If you are someone who prefers to be away from the city for a while, but also wants to explore how the ancient cities used to be, you might find the ancient temples of medieval times interesting. Here is one such place where ancient architecture meets scientific mysteries. Lepakshi is a village in Andhra Pradesh, secluded from the hustle and bustle of the cities, but, well connected with them. First things first. What is Lepakshi: Legend has it that, this is the place where Jatayu fell after a failed mission to rescue Sita from Ravana’s clutches. Rama saw the mighty eagle lying on the ground miserably and said “Le Pakshi” which translates in English as “Rise, bird”. The main attractions in Lepakshi are the Veerabadraswamy temple and the world’s biggest monolithic Nandi which were all built during Vijayanagara empire times between 13 & 15 th century A.D. What to see in Lepakshi:     1. Veerabadraswamy Temple.      a. Kalyana Mandap A massive unfinished Kalyana Mand

Few Policies Chennai Can Adopt From Bengaluru to Be More Citizen-Friendly

The Chennai vs Bangalore debate is as old as civilisation. I, for one, believe we should ditch this debate and learn good things from both the sides, like Siddharammaiah, the former CM of Karnataka, who got inspired by “Amma Unavagams” and introduced his flagship project, “Indira Canteens” across Karnataka. Here, I enlist a few (Bengaluru) policies, which shall make Chennai more citizen-friendly. Link to this article featured in  chennai.citizenmatters Citizen–prioritised approach in public transportation: A lot of people would argue Bengaluru has the worst traffic, which is evidently true too. But, what is notable is the citizen-friendly approaches in the existing policies. GPS tracking of buses: With the MyBMTC app, real-time bus tracking has come handy. The app shows the nearest bus stops and the expectancy time for buses arriving at any stop. One can track buses and plan trips using the app. The government had roped in Nihar Thakkar, a teen who first introduced it privately. Though

Touring Hampi : Day 2 at the Hippie Island

Prequel:  Touring Hampi: Day 1 at the temple side "To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasant sensations in the world" -Anonymous Day 2: I woke up by 7 A.M and after a hot shower, packed my bags and checked out since I did not want to waste money on the hotel room unnecessarily as I was leaving the same night anyway. Again walked to the KSRTC Station. I have started knowing the routes like the back of my hand. Luckily found a cloakroom in the bus stand where I deposited my bag and carried only the essential things in a small bag. This time I was cautious to enquire H-A-M-P-I to get the correct bus, unlike the previous day fiasco. The city bus dropped me at Hampi near Virupaksha Temple. I switched on the maps and walked to the ferry point. Plus the tuk-tuk driver had already assured me the ferry point was at the backside of the temple only. The backside of the temple opened into a view of a beautiful river which I never thought was there initially. It