Skip to main content

Why I love to copy

            Back in my college days, we had a Professor who used to tell us that there is nothing wrong in copying. Ofcourse he was not insisting us to indulge in any malpractices or attempt plagiarism in our works. He was just helping us learn ourselves and be happy and proud about it. He also used to quote it with examples like, "Why do we follow Red, Orange and Green in Traffic Signals? Even if there are specific reasons behind it, most of the world follows it just because it is already there. Does it harm us in anyway?" Those times it dint have any impact on me. These words passed just like that. But as I grow up, I realise how significant his words are. I have always lived copying something or someone but always sugar coated it with words like 'inspired by', 'based on', etc., All these are only synonymous to 'copy'. I have decided to let go off that ego and decided to acknowledge it only with 'copy'. After all copying is not a crime, given the credits are shared duly. And I firmly believe all of us copy.
Image for representation/Source:Internet

           I am thinking of all the things I have copied in my life and I feel nothing but happy about it. My mom is one heck of a no-nonsense woman and I can proudly say she has influenced me greatly. Even if I cannot match her persona anyday, she has always been my great source of inspiration to give it back when there is inequality or a remote chance of my self respect being at stake. I would always love to copy her. My dad has this habbit of reading newspaper daily whatever happens and has this unique habbit of preserving the newspaper of famous incidents. For instance, he has the newspaper issue of my birthday which falls exactly on the same day of the Demolition of Babri Masjid. He had written on top of the newspaper as "Girl child born". Though he had left this habbit long back, we still make sure to collect the important days' issue and Yearly incidents Collection they issue at the end of every year. Later it was my social teacher whom I have copied a lot. She had a collection of coins and I was greatly impressed by that. Till now I make sure I collect all the special edition coins coming my way and have a decent collection of Coins & Stamps collected and preserved perfectly. After that it was the reading habbit that I copied from my friends. The more I read, the more I tried to broaden my perspectives. I used to be a stupid who always believed "We should be optimistic to believe that inequalities will die a natural death  only if we dont talk about it." That was only until I read 'Lajja' by Taslima Nasrin. I have copied the author's idea of voicing out the mistake and accepting the wrong that is happening at first place. When I read Ramayana & Mahabharatha, I have always grasped the only fact that "People act according to situations" and it is not wise to be judgemental especially when it does not involve us. When I read Ambedkar and Periyar, I have always tried to copy and follow their vision of achieving a society of Fraternity.

            These may be some of the very few particular incidents but I have always copied even the tiniest attributes of others. I have copied my seniors in office to learn; I've copied my juniors whenever they open up new ideas; I've copied random people who I feel have got a style of their own. One of my seniors once acknowledged this attitude of mine by saying that I copy even from people I don't like. I consider that as a highest compliment.

            I for one believe, billion people cannot have billion lifestyles but only follow the same life style in billion ways. If we could try to live a life collabarative of as many good things as possible, sure it will have its own uniqueness. Afterall we copy our rolemodels and always look upto our godfathers and copy what they would do if we find ourselves in  relatable situations.

Image for representation/Source:Internet





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exciting mystery that is Lepakshi

If you are someone who prefers to be away from the city for a while, but also wants to explore how the ancient cities used to be, you might find the ancient temples of medieval times interesting. Here is one such place where ancient architecture meets scientific mysteries. Lepakshi is a village in Andhra Pradesh, secluded from the hustle and bustle of the cities, but, well connected with them. First things first. What is Lepakshi: Legend has it that, this is the place where Jatayu fell after a failed mission to rescue Sita from Ravana’s clutches. Rama saw the mighty eagle lying on the ground miserably and said “Le Pakshi” which translates in English as “Rise, bird”. The main attractions in Lepakshi are the Veerabadraswamy temple and the world’s biggest monolithic Nandi which were all built during Vijayanagara empire times between 13 & 15 th century A.D. What to see in Lepakshi:     1. Veerabadraswamy Temple.      a. Kalyana Mandap A massive unfinished Kalyana Mand

Few Policies Chennai Can Adopt From Bengaluru to Be More Citizen-Friendly

The Chennai vs Bangalore debate is as old as civilisation. I, for one, believe we should ditch this debate and learn good things from both the sides, like Siddharammaiah, the former CM of Karnataka, who got inspired by “Amma Unavagams” and introduced his flagship project, “Indira Canteens” across Karnataka. Here, I enlist a few (Bengaluru) policies, which shall make Chennai more citizen-friendly. Link to this article featured in  chennai.citizenmatters Citizen–prioritised approach in public transportation: A lot of people would argue Bengaluru has the worst traffic, which is evidently true too. But, what is notable is the citizen-friendly approaches in the existing policies. GPS tracking of buses: With the MyBMTC app, real-time bus tracking has come handy. The app shows the nearest bus stops and the expectancy time for buses arriving at any stop. One can track buses and plan trips using the app. The government had roped in Nihar Thakkar, a teen who first introduced it privately. Though

Touring Hampi : Day 2 at the Hippie Island

Prequel:  Touring Hampi: Day 1 at the temple side "To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasant sensations in the world" -Anonymous Day 2: I woke up by 7 A.M and after a hot shower, packed my bags and checked out since I did not want to waste money on the hotel room unnecessarily as I was leaving the same night anyway. Again walked to the KSRTC Station. I have started knowing the routes like the back of my hand. Luckily found a cloakroom in the bus stand where I deposited my bag and carried only the essential things in a small bag. This time I was cautious to enquire H-A-M-P-I to get the correct bus, unlike the previous day fiasco. The city bus dropped me at Hampi near Virupaksha Temple. I switched on the maps and walked to the ferry point. Plus the tuk-tuk driver had already assured me the ferry point was at the backside of the temple only. The backside of the temple opened into a view of a beautiful river which I never thought was there initially. It