Skip to main content

Spotting The Red flags In A 'Woke'boy's Matrimony Profile


There is a constant acquisition that Indian men look for a well-educated, good-looking, decent, family girl who can make round rotis. For the uninitiated, this may sound alarming, but, trust me, no Indian girl finds it remotely disturbing. We know this is how it works and have no qualms moving on without wasting a second. In my honest opinion, the above ad is at least straight forward, how much ever problematic it is. It warns women beforehand. But, there are quite a whole lot of ‘educated’ ‘decent’ ‘family’ men who have perfectly mastered the art of masquerading their sexism as wokeness. This is where women get confused because they are always trained to see any remote resemblance of good as benevolence.

So, this piece is basically to alert my fellow sisters from such latent sexism and swipe away the first chance they get. And, to my fellow Indian men that we are indeed aware of your silly tactics.

1. It is OK to prefer working woman and be honest about it. But, make sure it is conveyed properly.

We are looking for an ambitious, career-oriented, financially independent girl – X

We will let the girl work after marriage – NO, NO. Who the hell are you to ‘let’?

We are looking for a girl who works. I will cook, clean and manage the house equally – Hello, Equality!

2. How to convey that looks don’t matter.

I am not bothered about the girl’s complexion, looks or background – Hell No!

If you are really that ‘woke’ you need not have to distinguish it specifically in the first place. 
Basically, you have to just SHUT UP on this one. Only 2% of Indian men qualify the ‘handsome’ standard set by themselves. Yet, most Indian girls never openly say they are not bothered about the man’s looks, even if they do. Because it is rude to distinguish the good and bad (?) looking ones, especially if you claim to be ‘woke’.

3. Caste No Bar

Guess what is more horrid than being an open casteist person? The below statement you write unabashedly in your profile.

We are very liberal. We don’t care about your caste or community – X

Caste, community, gender (if applicable) No bar – As simple as that.

Well, there are other 'important criteria' like a traditional girl, interested in cooking girl, funny girl, happy girl, homely girl, adjustable girl, you name it. Dealing with everything is beyond the scope of this blog. But, if you spot any of the 3 red flags, run for your life, girl. 

Link to this article in women's web

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exciting mystery that is Lepakshi

If you are someone who prefers to be away from the city for a while, but also wants to explore how the ancient cities used to be, you might find the ancient temples of medieval times interesting. Here is one such place where ancient architecture meets scientific mysteries. Lepakshi is a village in Andhra Pradesh, secluded from the hustle and bustle of the cities, but, well connected with them. First things first. What is Lepakshi: Legend has it that, this is the place where Jatayu fell after a failed mission to rescue Sita from Ravana’s clutches. Rama saw the mighty eagle lying on the ground miserably and said “Le Pakshi” which translates in English as “Rise, bird”. The main attractions in Lepakshi are the Veerabadraswamy temple and the world’s biggest monolithic Nandi which were all built during Vijayanagara empire times between 13 & 15 th century A.D. What to see in Lepakshi:     1. Veerabadraswamy Temple.      a. Kalyana Mandap A massive unfinished Kalyana Mand

Travelling Solo Does Not Mean I Want To Be Alone* [Conditions Apply]

Never in my life have I considered solo travels to be a yardstick of how ‘alone’ I can be. I just think of it as how well I can ‘manage’ things. Solitude cannot be confused with ‘alone*’. Every time I post my trip’s blog or pictures, I get lots of love for sure. But, at times I get hurtful messages as well-which can be loosely interpreted as I am destined to be alone*. Over time, I got used to it and have never really cared to explain. But, I feel I am obliged to clear certain misconceptions around the A-word for some reason which I will come to later. I might be 27 years old but the only sibling in my family to still throw tantrums that I am the usual ‘ignored’ child. Middle child syndrome is for real, people. Also, the fact that I am not writing a diary to keep it myself but a blog in ‘public’ about things that matter to me means, I want people to engage with me for god sake. I have no shame accepting, I crave attention as much as everyone does. But, if you call me a lone

4 times The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was savagely feminist

       Comedy is a tricky premise. You either win all guns blazing or fall flat. There is no in between. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one such experiment that fared well enough to receive so many accolades for its cast and storyline. However, as an Indian viewer, it is sometimes hard to interpret the jokes as we are unfamiliar with the socio-cultural background in which it is set. The late 1950s of New York City is something beyond our imagination of course. Maybe some of the jokes couldn’t have tickled our ribs, but the message they put across is always loud and clear. As an Indian woman, I have always believed that the emancipation of woman first comes through education and sexual liberation shall follow. This I found hard to understand in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, where the women seem to be sexually liberated, but for education, there is no due importance. Mrs. Weissman manipulating the women students in their post-graduate into believing that the Master’s degree has no value but